Sex in an ordinary bedroom is a yawn. Sex in an erotic, exotic playroom is sexier than that recurring fantasy of your favorite celebrity walking into your bedroom just as you are reaching into the bedside drawer. Some essentials are:
- Soundproof it for kids/roommates/your mother when she comes to stay: Heavy curtains and carpets soak up sound, and if you are deadly serious, install sound-insulating board on any adjoining walls. A lazy but effective option is to put in a sound system or radio. Music masks all sorts of sounds.
- Get the lighting right. For the most flattering lighting, light from below or at eye level. Dimmers are the next best thing and can match whatever mood you are in. A simple, quick fix in the meantime is to put tea-lights on saucers on the floor, though it’s best to keep them a safe distance from bedcovers or enthusiastically thrown bras, panties or boxers.
- Add a mirror. Mirror wardrobe doors can be angled to provide a good view of the bed, or use a full-length portable mirror which you can move into whatever position takes your fancy.
- Add toys and essentials. Massage old, stockings, and scarves for tie-up, sleep masks from your last plane flight to act as a blindfold, lubricant, condoms, sexy clothes, luxury vibrators, and other high quality sex toys.
- Check your bed. A firm bed makes for better sex, and clean, fresh, good-quality sheets lure you to lie naked on them. Cushions are a must for putting under hips, supporting limbs, or making other places around the house sex-friendly.